Waterton Lakes National Park Map
Gem Trek’s Waterton Lakes National Park map meets the needs of visitors looking to explore the Canadian Rockies’ smallest national park, located in the southwest corner of Alberta. Whether you are touring along the roads or heading into the backcountry, you’ll find the waterproof and tear-resistant Waterton Lakes National Park map to be an invaluable tool.
This map features detailed cartography, accurate hiking trails with distances, and details such as logging roads, campgrounds, equestrian routes, picnic areas, and fire lookouts. On the back are descriptions of over 20 of the park’s most popular hiking trails, as well details of services such as campgrounds and visitor centres.
In addition to showing all of Waterton Lakes National Park on one sheet, this map covers the eastern end of Akamina-Kishinena Provincial Park, and the northern reaches of Glacier National Park, Montana. On the front is a 1:35,000 inset map of Waterton townsite, with accommodation and services marked for your convenience.
Popular hiking trails on the Waterton Lakes National Park map include Carthew-Alderson, Crypt Lake, Goat Lake, Twin Lakes, Forum and Wall lakes, and the Tamarack Trail.
The Waterton Lakes National Park map includes:
- waterproof and tear-resistant paper
- contour lines at 25-metre (80-foot) intervals
- relief shading to better show the topography
- full colour on both sides
- hiking trails – with trail names and trail distances marked
- mountain biking trails – with trail names and distances marked
- hydrology – rivers, glaciers, wetlands, and waterfalls
- mountain names and all available mountain elevations
- all campgrounds
- points of interest and attractions
- picnic areas
- highway viewpoints